The 28th Annual Wilderness Road Ride
Registration Opening Soon
A scenic and historical adventure through southwest Virginia’s beautiful New River Valley, the ride follows part of Daniel Boone’s Wilderness Road. This is a ride for the whole family to enjoy, with something for everyone— 4 routes to choose from ranging from a 29 mile relaxed journey for novices, to a 79 mile challenge for the fittest cyclist. This is a must ride for cyclists of all ages and athletic abilities. The 27th Annual Wilderness Road Ride takes place Saturday of Memorial Day weekend.
New for 2019:
- water bottle and event t-shirt or socks
- pre-registration raffle prize drawings, picked up day of ride
- Timed Stava segment
- more food!
The Wilderness Road Ride takes place Saturday, May 26, 2018. All routes start and finish in Radford, at the Dedmon Center and Bisset Park. Non-riders can enjoy Bisset Park, the New River, and downtown Radford, while their families and friends are out riding.
Fully supported aid stations will be positioned at regular intervals along the course and the start/finish location. Aid stations will be supplied with Heed Hammer Nutrition fuel, as well as water and plenty of other snacks.
Detailed maps and cue sheets will be available at the start of the ride.
- Adults (age 18+) $40 through 12/31/18, $45 through 4/15/19, $50 thereafter
- Youth (up to 17) $30 through 12/31/18, $35 through 4/15/19, $40 thereafter
- Family of 3-5 $90 through 12/31/18, $105 through 4/15/19, $120 thereafter
PDF link for general map of the routes and rest stops >> to be posted by 12/31/18
Maps for all routes are being updated and will be posted when finalized.
Proceeds will benefit FCAE ministries and missions projects. FCA is 501c-3 non-profit organization.
* Please remember, this is not a race. All traffic laws, signals, and signs must be obeyed. Personal SAG vehicles are not allowed. The Wilderness Road Ride starts at the Dedmon Center at Radford University.*