The 28th Annual Wilderness Road Ride
A Grand Gran Fondo!
Registration Opens 12/20/18
A scenic and historical adventure through southwest Virginia’s beautiful New River Valley, the ride follows part of Daniel Boone’s Wilderness Road. This is a ride for all ride levels to enjoy, with something for everyone— 4 routes to choose from ranging from a 29 mile relaxed journey for novices, to an 80 mile challenge for the fittest cyclist. This is a must ride for cyclists of all ages and athletic abilities. The 28th Annual Wilderness Road Ride takes place Saturday of Memorial Day weekend.
New for 2019:
- water bottle and event t-shirt or socks
- pre-registration raffle prize drawings, picked up day of ride
- Grouped start times - solo riders can join a group for the start
- Timed Stava segment
- more food!
The Wilderness Road Ride takes place Saturday, May 25, 2019. All routes start and finish in Radford, at the Dedmon Center and Bisset Park. Non-riders can enjoy Bisset Park, the New River, and downtown Radford, while their families and friends are out riding.
Fully supported aid stations will be positioned at regular intervals along the course and the start/finish location. Aid stations will be supplied with Heed Hammer Nutrition fuel, as well as water and plenty of other snacks.
Detailed maps and cue sheets will be available at the start of the ride.
- Adults (age 18+) $40 through 12/31/18, $45 through 4/15/19, $50 thereafter
- Youth (up to 17) $30 through 12/31/18, $35 through 4/15/19, $40 thereafter
- Family of 3-5 $90 through 12/31/18, $105 through 4/15/19, $120 thereafter
PDF link for general map of all routes and rest stops >> WRR All Routes.pdf
Map Links - 29 Mile Route,
38 Mile Route, 58 Mile Route, 80 Mile Route
Proceeds will benefit FCA Endurance ministries and missions projects. FCA is 501c-3 non-profit organization.
* Please remember, this is not a race. All traffic laws, signals, and signs must be obeyed. Personal SAG vehicles are not allowed. The Wilderness Road Ride starts at the Dedmon Center at Radford University.*